House Pregnancy

Shock! Horror! Jules writes a post!

Well, don’t all die of shock, but I thought I should probably write a post about a certain baby I’m going to have soon – seeing as the blog is called Daniel and Julia’s Baby Blog.

Daniel has been doing a great job of keeping you up to date on all the renovations that have been going on. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank him from the bottom of my heart for doing so much work on it himself. Yes, builders did all the tricky stuff but he’s done nearly all the painting and he’s done a terrific job. However, on reading his blogs I did notice that he conveniently left out that I have been helping a bit. I rollered a lot of the undercoat and did all the cutting in for one of the colour coats (don’t tell anyone I was up and down the ladder – not really supposed to do that when you’re this pregnant). Anyway, I’m sure he meant to say ‘Missy has been a big help and I couldn’t have done it without her’ but he’s been so busy it just slipped his mind.

And the poor bugger really has been busy. He started TAFE again for this semester a few weeks ago so is studying 4 nights a week – thankfully only Monday night is actually at TAFE and the rest from home. When he was first enrolling it looked like he might be out 4 nights a week to study which both of us thought would be a bit much – what with a new baby on the way, me still working full-time until the end of August, Andrew to look after, not to mention Daniel himself working full-time. Luckily he is able to do 3 of them online so he’s able to come home from work, have dinner, help me with Andrew and then study. This is the routine on Tues, Wed and Thurs, and then he’s usually able to have Friday nights and the weekend off. Unfortunately, with deadlines for painting needing to be finished he’s a bit out of whack this week so is having to put in some hours tonight. I said I was only going to nag him once but when I looked over 15 minutes later and he still wasn’t studying I said something and that was a mistake! Going to keep my mouth shut now.

We are all really tired at the moment too. Andrew’s not been well for a few days and his coughing is waking us all in the middle of the night. Yesterday I got the call from daycare saying he wasn’t well and went to pick him up early and Daniel stayed home with him today. We had the doctor out last night and he confirmed it was probably the flu virus and to keep his fluids up and keep an eye on his temperature. If he gets worse or starts getting fevers to get him checked again. Daniel said Andrew’s been pretty good today – didn’t eat a whole lot during the day but had a big bowl of Daddy’s spag bol tonight, and has been drinking a lot of water or diluted juice. He’s been pretty happy though which makes it easier. It was 27 and sunny today so Daniel took him down to the park at the end of the street this afternoon and he didn’t want to come home – he was having too much fun!

Oh yeah, and I’m pregnant! I’m actually almost 33 weeks which is a bit scary. I just looked at the last pic that Daniel posted of me at 24 weeks and I don’t look that different so can’t be bothered getting him to take another one. Just look at that one and imagine I’m a bit bigger and a lot more tired. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve really been feeling heavy – particularly today, I feel like a whale! I’m at that stage where it’s hard to get comfy anywhere – laying down, sitting up, standing – grrrr! Sleeping has been a bit of an issue and I’ve just tried bringing an extra pillow in bed to put under my tummy when I lay on my side. So far that hasn’t really helped and gets chucked out half-way through the night. And, of course, there’s the 3.30am toilet trip too – not so much fun when it’s bloody cold at night at the moment. But other than that I’m doing great! This baby is extremely active and just loves kicking mumma in the ribs, but obviously that means it’s very healthy. All my check-ups so far have been great and my GP loves taking my blood pressure as it’s always nice and low. I have my next GP appointment in a week and a half and then see a doctor at the hospital 2 weeks later where hopefully he will tell me which day this bub is coming out. I’m not sure whether Daniel may have said in a previous post, but this time I’m having a Caesarian due to complications that happened last time. It is optional, but they said that there is a slightly higher chance of similar things happening to last time if I have a natural birth and that could cause long-term problems for me. Daniel and I are both happy with this decision as the recovery is much more predictable from a Caesar than what I went through last time. Not being able to sit comfortably for over 6 months due to a broken tailbone was extremely difficult – like breast-feeding isn’t hard enough to begin with!

Anyway, think this post might be long enough now as you’ve all probably fallen asleep reading it. It has certainly worn me out writing it so I’m off to bed to read Harry Potter. I might even post again before the baby comes – maybe…